When downloading a payroll update, you receive the following error:
Typically, the Internet connection, or IC, errors are caused by damaged files, firewalls, or incorrect Internet settings.
You will be able to download the latest payroll updates.
You have an active QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription.
Note: Restarting the computer has been known to fix this issue. Restart the computer if you have not already tried this. If the problem is not resolved, try to reconfigure your Internet connection.
To resolve the error:
- Verify that your QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription is set to Active.
- Restart the computer. Open QuickBooks.
- Choose Employees then My Payroll Service.
- Select Account/Billing Information. Make sure the status of the payroll subscription is set to Active.
- Select Close. QuickBooks connects with the server.
- Verify that your service key is accurate.
Verify service key.
- Check your computer's date and time.
Check your computer's date and time.
- Add Intuit's URL as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, select Tools then Internet Options.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select the Trusted Sites icon.
- Select the Sites button.
- In the Add this website to the zone box enter: *.intuit.com.
- Select to clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone checkbox.
- Select Close then OK.
- Check your Internet Explorer settings.
Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer settings
- Configure your firewall, antivirus program, or other third-party application.
Configure your firewall or other application to allow Internet access to the following two QuickBooks files:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 200X\QBW32.exe
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 200X\qbupdate.exe
Contact your firewall manufacturer for more troubleshooting information.
- Perform a clean install of QuickBooks in Selective Startup mode.
Perform a clean install in Selective Startup.