Learn how to create and send purchase orders to your vendors in QuickBooks Commerce.
In QuickBooks Commerce, creating purchase orders has never been easier. In just a few clicks, you can send vendors a list of items you want to purchase and the quantity you need. Use the following steps to start creating purchase orders.
- Go to the Stock Control menu.
- Select Create New, then New Purchase Order.
- Fill out the required fields:
- Purchase order number - This is automatically generated, but you can change it if you want to.
- Vendor - Choose from the list of vendors. If the one you’re looking for is not in the list, select create a new vendor to add a new one.
- Bill to and Ship to - Select the appropriate address where you want the bill and items to be shipped.
- Issue Date - The date you created the purchase order.
- Stock Due - The date you want to items delivered.
- Payment Due - The due date for the payment of the purchase order.
- Reference - You can enter any additional reference number you want to add.
- Email - Enter your business email address.
- Totals are - Choose if it’s tax inclusive or exclusive.
- Add the products you want to order.
- Enter the number you want to order per item in the quantity column.
Note: You will see the changes in stock level in the After column, however, it will not yet be added to the actual stock level.
- If you have any additional notes to the vendor, you can enter it in the Message to Vendor field.
Select Create to save and proceed with the purchase order. Or, select Save As Draft, so you can make changes to the purchase order at a later time.