You can assign a preferred vendor to specific inventory items to save time when reordering those items and also create a purchase order using the preferred vendor you assigned.
|Note: Vendor specific inventory items are only available in QuickBooks Online Plus.|
To add a preferred vendor
You won’t be able to assign preferred vendors if you have not yet entered them in QuickBooks Online. Here are the steps to do that:
- Select Settings ⚙on the toolbar, then choose Products and Services.
- In the Products and Services screen, select New then choose the appropriate product type.
- Enter all necessary information. In the Preferred Vendor drop-down, choose the name of the vendor you usually purchase items from.
- Select Save and Close.
To create a purchase order using your preferred vendor
Here's how to create a purchase order using your preferred vendor:
- From the left menu select Sales, then choose Products and Services.
- Select the item you want to reorder.
- In the Action column, select the Edit drop-down and choose Reorder.
- A Purchase Order window pops up which contains your vendor and item information.
- Select Save and send.
|Note: Batch action reordering is currently not supported. Add the vendor manually to the Purchase Order in cases where you have used batch action.|