Learn how to use the purchase order management worksheet in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Purchase order management worksheet lets you identify what purchase order is being received, then sent to the QuickBooks Desktop Warehouse app. It also keeps track of your purchase orders by site, status, or vendor.
Turn on purchase order management worksheet
You need to enable this feature in the company preferences first before you can use it.
The purchase order management worksheet can be turned on in the advanced inventory settings if Enhanced Inventory Receiving (EIR) is off.
Important: If you've already turned on EIR, then you can restore a backup of your company file when it still wasn't enabled. However, you will lose all the changes made after the backup.
- Go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
- Select Items & Inventory, then Company Preferences.
- Select Advanced Inventory Settings.
- Go to Site Operations, then select Enable Purchase Order Management Worksheet checkbox.
- Select OK.
Use purchase order management worksheet
The purchase order management worksheet has two tabs. The purchase orders tab lets you manage purchase orders, and the PO progress tab lets you change and track the status of purchase orders.
Use purchase order management worksheet manually
This worksheet can be used without any type of app or scanner. Simply print the worksheet and mark receipts off. Here's how.
- Warehouse manager prints the purchase order list to be handed over to the receiving agent.
- Receiving agent marks all the received items, then returns the purchase order list to the warehouse manager.
- The warehouse manager updates each list by double-clicking the line item and entering the quantity received in the PO progress tab.
- Warehouse manager then selects Create bill or Create receipts to complete the workflow.
Purchase order status
- Sent for Receiving means the purchase order has been sent to receive.
- Received means the purchase order has been received, but not billed.
- Complete means the purchase order has been received and billed.