Learn how to create a stock adjustment in QuickBooks Commerce.
Businesses usually receive and send out multiple items a day. This is why we’ve made it easier for you to make adjustments to stocks when you need to. Use the following steps to increase or decrease your stock accordingly.
Make a new stock adjustment
You can use stock adjustments to increase or decrease your stock. However, this also affects Stock on Hand, Cost of Goods Sold, and Moving Average Cost (MAC).
Tip: Not sure if you need to use Stock Adjustment or StockTake? Don’t worry, we’ll help you understand the differences between the two, so you can use the method suited to your needs.
- Go to the Stock Control menu.
- Select Create New, then New Stock Adjustment.
- Fill out the Location and Reason field accordingly.
- Enter the items you want to make adjustments to.
- Enter the total amount for the adjustment in the quantity change field.
Note: When you enter a negative number in the Quantity Change field to reduce stock from your current inventory, QuickBooks Commerce will default the Cost Per Item to the latest Moving Average Cost of the product. This is to ensure the data calculation is accurate for Stock on Hand and Cost of Goods Sold.
- You can add a note if you want to, then select Save.
Once you’re done with the adjustments, you can check the stock report to see if everything is accurate.