One of my bank registers does not match the chart of accounts balance. When I go into the register the balance is correct; however the amount when viewing the COA and the balance sheet are off. What perplexes me even more is that is affect 2 of my bank accounts by the same amount in the opposite directions. I have researched this and run the file doctor, rebuilt the data and resorted the list. Nothing corrects it. I found in one forum that it may have something to do with the cached data which is usually fixed during a rebuild. Has anyone else experience
Re: Bank register does not match chart of accounts
I finally got a rebuild to work and it corrected the COA. What I had forgotten is that QB does NOT like to rebuild across a network. I loaded a back-up restore to my workstation desktop and performed the rebuild. I then loaded the new file on the network and the COA was correct and balanced to the list, balance sheet and register. The unfortunate thing with this process was a predator company that called me 1-hour after my initial post. They implied that they were from QB tech support and proceeded to falsify information concerning my database and told me it would cost over $6,000 to fix the program--but they would "throw in a QB enterprise subscription for FREE". I have informed QB support of this company and urge other users to be wary and careful as they are preying on our forums.