I am not sure why the Billable expenses feature is not working appropriately since early this week as 8/10/20. I have been used this feature for over 3 year, it has not issues at all. Here is my problem:
It shows $0.00 in Billable Expense entries after I pick the account and save (Photo 1). Additionally, it doesn't save the account I select (Photo 2). When I applied this to the customer invoices, it can't reflect the amount to deduct the invoices.
You may be experiencing a browser-related issue, rickchenbird.
There are instances that an issue like this can be resolved by running some troubleshooting steps.
To start with, let's try saving the billable expense on a private window. This is where we can identify any browser-related issue. You can use these keyboard shortcuts to open one:
If you're able to save one, we can go back to a regular browser and clear its cache. A piled cache can also be the reason for some unexpected issues on the opened pages like QuickBooks.
You can also switch to a different supported browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari.
I've also added this article for more information when entering a billable expense: Enter billable expense.
Let me know if you still need my help. Stay safe!
Hi Adrian, I follow your suggestion to try different browsers, but the issue isn't resolve. I don't think it is browser-related issue.
I think I found the real problem after I test several times. When I save the entry and select billable. It does save the amount in Billable Expense, but it has a small difference in the past. It used to show the account in the page of Billable Expense (Red Arrow in screenshot), but it doesn't show now. (Please see my screenshot). I find out the account is default to an Income account now, but when I try to change to another account as a liability account, it won't save as $0.00 as I mentioned in my previous inquiry. The problem is the system doesn't allow me to choose a Liability account, but I can do it in the past.
Thanks for trying the steps I've shared, rickchenbird.
At this time, I'd recommend reaching out to our Phone Support team. This way, an agent can take a look at your account and verify why you're unable to select a Liability account on the billable expense.
Here's how you can contact us:
Feel free to take a look at this article as your guide when entering billable expenses: Enter billable expenses.
I'm just around to help. Take care always!
Was a solution ever found for this issue? I am having the exact same problem. My billable expenses are saving as $0.00 and I cannot add them to invoices.
Never had this trouble in the past.
Hello there, @jimrobots.
Currently, we have an investigation case about managing billable expenses and items as income. The case code is INV-49573, wherein users get the billable expenses saving as $0.00 amount. Rest assured, our product engineers are working to fix this issue.
This way, I'd suggest getting a callback or starting a chat with our Care Support team to tag your account to the investigation. They have the tools to pull up your account. That said, you'll get notifications when we've fixed the issue.
Here's how to get in touch with them:
Also, I'll be adding this page as your reference for more sales and customer topics like managing payments and refunds and credits: Sales and customers.
Feel free to get back here if you have more questions or share us with your experience after reaching them. The Community is always here help. Take care!