Connect with and learn from others in the QuickBooks Community.
I have a 2016 account that I have not opened since then. I tried to restore into 2019 Accountant but do not not the password (I am Admin). I have tried all the proposed Help but no success.
Password for QuickBooks Desktop is only mandatory if your data contains sensitive information, Strangesg.
If you didn't set a password before you restore your data, you can leave the Password field blank. Before trying it again, make sure to update QuickBooks to the latest release.
If the same thing happens, you might need to use the Password Reset Tool.
Furthermore, you can contact our QuickBooks Customer Care Team to help you with this.
1. Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
2. Select the correct product and region in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. Go to the first section, and select Solving Issues & Error Messages.
4. Select Password Management.
5. Go to the second section, and click the Get Phone Number button.
Let me know how this goes. I'll be right here if you need anything.