Hi, I'm integrating with ShipStation, importing orders into invoices. The think is that those orders already been paid, how do I create an invoice that is marked as paid?
Hey, ronen-fresh. Welcome to the Community, we're happy to have you here! I'll help you figure this out.
Here's the steps to create an invoice:
1. Go to the + Icon and choose Invoice.
2. Fill out the relevant information, then Save it. This will create an open invoice, with no payment linked to it.
Once you've done this, you can mark the invoice as paid. Here's how:
1. Click on the + Icon, then Receive Payment.
2. Select the customer/invoice you want to connect this to, enter the amount of the payment, and any other necessary information on this screen.
3. Save this transaction to the invoice by hitting Save and Close or Save and New.
That's how you do it. Following these steps will help you to create an invoice and mark it as paid. If there's anything else I can help with, I'm just a post away so don't hesitate to reach out to me.
As far as if it can be done automatically, QuickBooks Online does connect with ShipStation to import invoices, however when it does this it will default them to your accounts receivable. Items in this area would be classified as money that's still owed to you. With that being said, ShipStation doesn't import them showing that they were paid already. So it won't do it automatically for you, the payment will need to be entered and then applied to the invoice manually.
Once you've marked the invoice as paid, then you can send a copy to the client as a record of the transaction. Here's the steps:
1. In the navigation bar on the left go to Sales, then to the Invoices tab.
2. Locate the paid invoice you're looking for.
3. In the Actions column, click the drop-down menu and pick the Send option.
4. Enter the email address in the To section.
5. Select Send to email a copy to the client.
I hope this information helps you to get everything in order, however if you're still experiencing troubles I'll be here to assist.