How to reconcile a vendor credit with a payment from the vendor to show a zero balance?
To reconcile a vendor credit, you'll need to create a bank deposit. Here are the steps:
1. Click on the + Plus Icon, then Bank Deposit.
2. In the Add other funds to this deposit section, enter the appropriate information.
3. Finish by choosing Save and Close.
Once that is complete, it can be linked to a vendor credit. Here's how:
1. Select the + Plus Icon, then Check.
2. Go to the Choose a Payee drop-down and pick the vendor name.
3. Input the Check #, Date, Amount and Memo fields.
4. Look for the area titled Add to Check, then click on Add for the vendor credit and deposit.
5. Save and Close.