Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

How would I enter a personal injury settlement? What category?

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

How would I enter a personal injury settlement? What category?

Welcome to the Community, @superrooster53. I appreciate your question about recording and categorizing personal injury settlement in Quickbooks Self-Employed (QBSE). 


To give you an idea, QBSE is following the Schedule C form to report your self-employment revenues and expenditures. This way, it matches with the IRS. 


You can follow these easy peasy steps below to enter this transaction manually to QBSE. Then, select the nearest category based on Schedule C. 


I'll show you how:  


  1. Go to the Transaction menu, then select Add Transaction.
  2. Enter the amount and a description, then select the category type in the Select a category menu.
  3. If you have a receipt, you can drag and drop it onto the form, then select Save.


You'll want to check out the category type: Legal fees and professional services explained in this help article if it fits your transaction: Schedule C and expense categories in QuickBooks Self-Employed.


If you can't find the right one listed in the Schedule C category, I'd recommend you check with your accountant. They can help you decide on how to categorize them properly in your QBSE account. 


For future reference, you can also read through this article to learn more about adding transactions manually using mobile apps.  


See you again in the Community on your next post, @superrooster53. You can also find resources here and answers related to your other concerns. 

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us