Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I do not want to track teaching expenses. how do I change that?

1 Comment 1

I do not want to track teaching expenses. how do I change that?

Welcome and thanks for dropping by the Community,


In QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE), you can change how you track a specific expense by changing the category of the transaction. Here's how to do it:


  1. In QBSE, go to the Transaction menu at the left pane.
  2. Locate and click the specific transaction on the list.
  3. Select Business if the transaction was for business, or Personal for personal. If the transaction was both, pick Split.
  4. To change the category, click the category link. Select a general type, and choose a more detailed category.
  5. Hit Save to complete.


For more insights about categorizing and managing transactions in QBSE, check out this article: Categorize transactions in QuickBooks Self-Employed.


Please know that I'm only a post away if you have any other concerns or questions. I'll be here to help. Have a wondeful day!

Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up

Need to get in touch?

Contact us