I am trying to get a report that shows job estimated hours vs actual hours in QuickBooks Pro 2017 desktop. So far I can get job costs actual vs estimate with no problem, and hours per job (actual), but cannot find or seem to find how to create a single report showing estimated hours vs actual. Costs does not do me as much good as we could have multiple employees working on a project that make different amounts.
The ideal report would have estimate hours (based on the estimated hours in the quote), actual hours based on hours collected in employee time sheets and then a percentage of estimated vs actual. I can get this information by using multiple steps / reports, but it would be nice to get it in one report. This information is pretty important to our business as we use it for estimating and scheduling future jobs.
We use time tracking in QuickBooks if that helps.
We will be updating to Pro 2020 shortly as well if that helps.
Thank you for joining the QuickBooks Community! You would have to continue running those reports separately. However, you can export those reports into Excel and make some adjustments to have that ideal report.
Here’s how to export a report to Excel:
1. Go to Reports menu and click Report Center.
2. Select the report you want.
3. In the toolbar, click Excel.
4. To create a new Excel workbook, select Create New Worksheet. You could also add as an Existing Worksheet. Select Browse and find the workbook.
5. Once ready to export, Select OK. To open the Excel report, click Export.
For more information on exporting, use this link . Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions!