Thanks for visiting the Community. I’m here to share some information about matching transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Here are possible reasons why you can’t match your downloaded transactions in QuickBooks:
• The transactions have been reconciled.
• It was not entered using the same bank account.
• The transaction entered in QuickBooks has been previously matched to another downloaded transaction.
• The transaction manually entered in QuickBooks could have a different number, amount, date or payee from the downloaded expenses.
• It’s already downloaded. There are occasions when duplicate transactions were imported. If these transactions have already been added to QBO and have a lightning bolt in the CLR column, it will not be matched again even if all four pieces of information (transaction number, amount, date and payee name) are exactly the same.
Let’s use the Find Match option to display all the possible matched transactions. To do that, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Banking and select the Banking tab.
2. Click Find other records button.
3. In the Match Transactions window, put a checkmark on the transactions that should match to the downloaded transaction.
4. If the transaction you want to match is outside the date range displayed, update it. Select the date field to manually change the From and To dates.
5. Select Save if the total amount of both transactions is the same. If not, you can match it to multiple transactions or select Resolve Difference until the difference is equal to zero.
6. When you're satisfied with the match, hit Save.
The Find Other Records option will show up when there’s already a matching transaction. This gives you a choice to find another matching entry.
In your case, you won’t see it because your transaction has not detected any matching entries yet. You’ll only need to select the Find Match option to look for a matching entry.
If you still can't find your expenses as matching transactions, please get in touch with our phone or chat team to check this further. They can use a screen-sharing tool to have a better view of your setup.
Click on Help and choose Contact us.
In the box provided, enter something like can't find matching entries.
Click Let's talk.
Choose from Start messaging or Request for a callback.
If you have other questions about online banking, feel free to go back to this thread.