I use sub-accounts in my COA. When I export my COA in Excel, all accounts show as if they are main accounts. For example, everything in column C say 1234 • Sub Account instead of 1000 • Main Account:1234 • Sub Account. Is there a setting to fix this?
Edit to show a better example:
Supposedly, the chart of accounts would display this way:
I did Reports > List > Account Listing > Excel > Create a new worksheet, In a new workbook > Export. I know that when other people export their COA, the sub-account structure shows up but mine does not.
Welcome aboard to the Community. I'm here to assist you with the missing sub-accounts when exporting the report from QuickBooks Desktop.
We'll need to make sure the account is active under the Chart of Accounts to ensure it'll show in the report. I've checked here on my end, and I'm unable to locate any reported issues about this concern.
Let's double-check the status of the sub-accounts by following these steps:
Click the List tab at the top menu bar.
Select Chart ofAccounts.
Click the drop-down arrow next to Account.
Select Show Inactive Accounts.
In case the account has X symbol, you can click the symbol to make it active.
After reviewing the accounts in Chart of Accounts, you can go back to the Account Listing report and try to export again. If the problem continues, I recommend contacting out Phone Support Specialists to isolate the issue.
If all fails, please give us a call. You can contact our Phone Support Team through the steps I've attached above. One of them will be able to perform screen sharing to perform some further troubleshooting with the exported report.
Please remember I'm here anytime you need further assistance with the report. The Community team will on a look out for your response.