With onset of usage limits (which is crap, and just appears to be a way for QBO to force sales for new services or products, while creating customer dissatisfaction, in my opinion), I am over my limit on "businesses" (which I would not have created in the first place if they did not tell me 9 years ago that this was the only way I could track different strategic business units). I have 46 businesses with a limit of 40. The only obvious way to me to solve this is to run a report and manually change the "business" identifier on every line where it occurs in the report. This amounts to hundreds of manual data entry changes. Hence MY QUESTION:
IS THERE A WAY TO SELECT ALL BUSINESS IDENTIFIERS AND CONSOLIDATE THEM TO ONE NAME AND THEN GO BACK AND DELETE THE OLD IDENTIFIERS SO I CAN GET UNDER THE 40 BUSINESS LIMIT?
I have started the process manually, changed one business identifier on a report for "all dates" and eliminated the current identifier and then when I went to go back to delete it, it said"won't reduce usage". This was an identifier that I created (unless it was transferred by my old desktop version of Quickbooks when I signed up for Online version and QBO considers that unqualified for change, which again is crap)
I hope someone can help make this required change seamless and easy.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate you trying to help. I apologize for not clearly defining the problem.
It's not a "chart of accounts" limit I'm facing.
I select "Accounts and Settings:
I select "usage"
Under "classes and business" I was at 5 classes and 46 businesses (with a limit of 40).
I identified 9 "businesses" I no longer use (keep in mind I don't have 46 businesses, I have one business, but I not clear understanding of how to track lead sources for my one business and 9 years ago was advised by QBO to create a business for each lead source so I could generate reports to track the quality of the various lead/sales sources).
Of the 9 "businesses" (lead sources) I no longer utilize, I ran a report and manually changed the business identifier ("business" / lead source) to one consistent ID so I could get under the 40 limit.
I've solved the problem for now, took a ton of effort and was very frustrating to say the least. Nothing worse than continuing to endure price increases for QBO services and reduction in service usage capability even though my business is pretty much the same since it began 16 years ago. I continue to feel "held hostage" because changing accounting service providers is likely worse than just putting up with QBO nonsense. Sorry for the rant...not even sure you have any control or influence of any of the business decisions of QBO.