Hi there, grclark2019.
Thank you for posting here in the QuickBooks Community.
The issue like this can be caused by, you record the invoice twice or you haven't linked the deposit to an invoice.
I suggest reviewing your transactions through Sales tab to see if you record the invoice twice.
1. At the left panel, select Sales, then Invoices.
2. If you will see duplicate transactions, you may delete a necessary invoice.
I also recommend linking the deposit to an invoice. Follow the steps below.
1. On the left menu, select Accounting, then Chart of Accounts.
2. Find the account you deposited the payment to, then select View Register.
3. Locate and choose the correct deposit.
4. Select Edit.
5. On Bank Deposit screen, scroll down to Add funds to this deposit, then find the fund you need to edit.
6. In the Received From column, search and choose the Customer.
7. In the Account column, search and select Account's Receivable.
8. Select Save and close.
You can check out this article to help match and add your transactions: Match and categorise your downloaded bank transactions
Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you succeed with QuickBooks.