Learn how to set price levels in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
In QuickBooks Point of Sale, you can create different price points for an inventory item using price levels. You can use them to create discount levels for things like employee pricing or wholesale pricing for certain vendors. Here’s how to set it up.
Note: If you’re running a sale, you can use price levels to change the price for all items you offer. Here’s how to bulk update the price levels in QuickBooks Point of Sale.
How to set price levels
Along with your regular price, you can have up to four different price levels for each inventory item.
- Select File, then select Preferences.
- Select Company.
- Select Pricing, then select Price Levels.
- Select the Price Level Name.
- Fill in the Price Markdown percentage, then select Save.
You can also change price levels while making a sale. To do this during the sale, select I want to and then select Change Price Level and enter the new price level.
How to change a individual item price in a price level
- Select Item List, then select the item.
- Select Pricing, then enter the new price or discount for each of the price levels.
- When you’re done, select the main Edit Item window to close the price levels.
- Select Save or Save and New to change another price.