This article includes the following:
- Fill out your own W-9 info and send to your client
- Access your 1099 in QuickBooks Self-Employed
We’re excited to offer a new way for you to provide your Form W-9 info securely with your clients. When you’re added as a contractor to QuickBooks Online, you can be invited to add your own details.
Plus, you’ll get a free version of QuickBooks Self-Employed so you can safely submit your details and view your 1099s online. It’s simple, it’s secure, and it’ll save you time.
You can use this free account to access your info and view your 1099s at tax time.
Fill out your W-9 info
- An email is sent from your client to your email.
- When you click Add your details now, you’ll be asked to create a free QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
- Next, you’re asked to answer a few simple questions in a substitute Form W-9.
- Once you click Send, the info is added to your QuickBooks Self-Employed account. Filing 1099s will be much easier for your Small Business client, because they’ll already have the info they need!
Access your 1099s in QuickBooks Self-Employed
As soon as your client submits your final forms to the IRS, we’ll invite you to view your 1099s online.
You can click on the link in the email you'll receive, but you can also login to your account and go to the Documents section to view and print your 1099
Upgrading to QuickBooks Self-Employed
If you want to be able to use all the other awesome features of QuickBooks Self-Employed like sending invoices to your Clients throughout the year, keeping track of your Estimated Taxes year round and much more, click the Gear Icon and Start Trial Other Questions
I deleted my email invite, how do I get back into my account? You can login anytime by going to https://selfemployed.intuit.com
If I get invited by more than one Small Business client, do I have to fill out my information each time? Nope! Once you fill out your Form-W9 information once, if you get another invite you’ll just have to sign in to your account and send the info.
How do I go back and change my Form-W9 info? Click the Gear Icon and go to the Tax Profile section.