If you recently set up direct deposit know that it takes two to three business days to confirm and activate your bank account. You'll receive an email from us to confirm your direct deposit status. You can also follow these steps:
Check the status of your direct deposit
Intuit Online Payroll
- Go to Setup.
- In the Payroll and Services section, select Direct Deposit.
- In the Employer Info section, status will show as Active or Waiting for approval.
QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Go to Settings and select Payroll Settings.
- Select Company under Bank Accounts.
- Depending on the status, this is what will appear:
- Connected/Active: Bank account details connected to send payroll with QuickBooks Online and option to Update it.
- Pending: "We're getting your bank account ready." Information about test transaction will also show.
- Waiting for verification: You have the option to enter test transaction.
- Failed: "Update your bank account. We couldn't verify this bank account."
Why does my employee's pay method say pending or direct deposit pending?
A pending direct deposit means one of the following:
- We haven't verified your account information yet.
- Funding bank account is verified but is needed to go back to direct deposit setup.
- You haven't yet entered the employee's bank information.
To enter the employee's bank information, see Set up an employee for direct deposit for assistance.
What are the possible reasons why direct deposit feature suddenly turns off?
There are 2 reasons why your direct deposit suddenly turns off:
- Intuit was not able debit your monthly or annual subscription fee.
- Account is placed on hold due to insufficient funds. See All Online Payroll - NSF Holds for more details.
Contact us to settle this matter. From the Help section in your online payroll, select Contact us to connect with a payroll support.
Now you know how to check your direct deposit status.