Find out why your state is grayed out in the e-file and e-pay setup.
If your state is grayed out, you still have some important info to add, like your State Employer Account Number or State EIN. We’ll show you how to add that info so you can finish setting up your state.
How to fix this
- Finish signing up for the states that aren’t grayed out. Follow sign up for e-file and e-pay for more details.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Payroll Settings.
- In the Taxes section, select the state you want to enroll for E-File & Pay.
- Enter the State Account Numbers and select OK.
- You will be routed back to the Preferences page. Select E-file and e-pay.
- Select the state name and follow the steps to sign up for e-file and e-pay for your state.
If you don't have the info required by your state, check Payroll resources: State agencies.