Find out how you can accept online payments on your B2B store in QuickBooks Commerce.
If you sell wholesale through your B2B store, you can accept payments online and get paid faster. Your customers can pay right at checkout by credit or debit card. Or, you can send them an email with their payment link if they choose to pay later. Here’s how.
Note: If you haven’t yet, set up your B2B store first.
Step 1: Turn on online payments in QuickBooks Commerce
Make sure to turn on online payments in your QuickBooks Commerce if you haven't already.
Step 2: Set up your online payments in B2B eCommerce
Here’s how to set up online payments on your B2B store.
- In QuickBooks Commerce, go to B2B eCommerce.
- Select the Settings tab, then select the Payments section.
- Select the Checkout payment options ▼ dropdown menu, then select the payment option that works for your customers.
- Pay Now: This option works best if you want all customers to pay for the order at the end of checkout.
- Pay now or Pay later: This option works best if some customers need to pay at checkout and some need to pay later (ex. customers on net terms).
- Pay later: This option hides the payment page at checkout and informs your customers that they can pay later. This works best if all your customers are on terms, or if you typically modify an order before requesting payment (ex. you manually add the shipping cost).
Note: If you turned off online payment for a customer, they can’t pay online at checkout regardless of the payment options you choose.
If your customer chooses to pay later, be sure to send them an email of the invoice with the payment link.
Even if your customer skips the payment, their pending order still shows on your QuickBooks Commerce Sales orders screen. This lets you easily follow up with the customer and close the sale.