Connecting your existing payments account to your QuickBooks Online company enables you to send invoices that get deposited directly to your bank.
Things to know before you start
- All the existing user IDs of your QuickBooks Payments account will be removed and all of your QuickBooks Online user IDs will be added to the Payments account.
- QuickBooks Mobile Payments (GoPayment) app settings will reset back to the default settings which include:
- Transaction history in the app will be cleared (but not in the Merchant Service Center).
- Your receipt customizations will be removed.
- Any additional user IDs for use with GoPayment will be removed.
- All items, item descriptions, item photos, etc. will be removed.
- All app-specific settings will be reset.
- Any transactions that were processed before the connection will not be eligible for refund through Merchant Service Center.
- Recurring payments from Desktop or Merchant Service Center will no longer be accessible. Note: Please make sure to disable or delete all recurring payments through Merchant Services.
- Any third party connections to the merchant account will need to be re-established.
To connect your Payments account
Make sure the master login for QuickBooks Online is at least an administration on the Payments account.
- Log into the QuickBooks file you want to connect your payments account to.
- Select Settings ⚙, then Account and Settings.
- Select Payment.
- Select Connect. (No Connect button? Look for Link Merchant Service, then select the Start here link).
- The next page will show any QuickBooks Payments accounts that have the same login as the user who is currently logged in. This may take a few moments.
- Select the radio button next to the QuickBooks Payments account you want to connect with your QuickBooks Online company, then select Connect.
- Review all important disclosures then confirm that the correct account was selected. If everything looks right, select Connect. The connection service links the accounts then lets you know when it's complete.
Congratulations! You're all linked up. To experience all of the QuickBooks Payments features, sign out of QuickBooks Online then sign back in.