Error: Microsoft Visual C++ error Library runtime error occurs while performing one of the following tasks:
- in Payroll setup
- running a payroll checkup
- emailing pay stubs
This error occurs because of a conflict between programs.
This error occurs when there is a conflict between programs. Contact your system administrator to resolve the problem.
If the error occurs during payroll setup, a possible temporary resolution is:
- In Windows, choose Start > Run.
- In the Open box, enter msconfig. Click OK.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the General tab, and select Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, clear the Load Startup Items checkbox. Do not clear any other checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and complete the payroll setup.
- After payroll setup is complete, follow steps 1 through 3 again.
- Under Selective Startup, check the Load Startup Items box to reset the computer to normal mode.
- Restart your computer when prompted.
If the above steps do not resolve this issue, perform a clean uninstall/reinstall in Selective Startup.