Learn how to adjust sales tax on a transaction.
How we calculate collected sales tax
- Our calculations on collected sales tax are based on what is set by each region's tax agency.
- If you're adjusting the amount to be collected, it’s likely that the agency will still be expecting the original amount. That means you'll either be under-paying or over-paying your sales tax obligation.
Adjust sales tax on a transaction
- From the left menu, select Taxes, then choose Sales Tax.
- Select the View Return button next to the tax you need to adjust. This will open the Return summary screen.
- Select Add an adjustment.
- Select the reason for adjustment.
- Select the adjustment account.Note: The list of account changes based on the reason selected.
- Add the amount of the adjustment.
- Select Add at the bottom. You can now review your adjusted sales tax and proceed with filing the payment.