Learn how to fix a payroll mapping error.
TSheets makes it easy to track employees hours and export them to QuickBooks Online for payroll.
Before you export payroll hours, you need to add the type of pay for each employee. If this hasn’t been done for all your employees, you’ll see this error:
Error exporting hours, the user doesn’t have any payroll items assigned. Use the Payroll Item Mapping Tool to assign payroll items to this user and then re-export the time.
To fix this, you’ll use the Payroll Item Mapping Tool in TSheets. This lets you sync payroll items like:
- Regular time
- Paid Time Off
- Sick time
Step 1: Assign payroll items in TSheets
- Select QuickBooks, then select Preferences.
- Select Payroll Item Mapping Tool.
- Select the pay type for each employee.
- Close the window when you’re finished.
If you need to enter a different type of pay, but you don’t see it in TSheets, go to QuickBooks Online and add it there first.
Step 2: Add a pay type in QuickBooks Online
- From QuickBooks Online, select Workers.
- Select the employee.
- Select + Add additional pay types (like overtime, sick, and vacation pay).
- Select the additional pay types you need and add the required info.
- Select Done.
After adding the additional pay types, go to TSheets and rerun the Payroll Item Mapping Tool.