Learn all about the restrictions when creating or modifying items, customers, vendors, and transactions in QuickBooks Online accounts connected to QuickBooks Commerce.
There'll be certain restrictions when creating or modifying transactions in QuickBooks Online. These are to prevent data discrepancy and to keep your data accurate.
Note: Restrictions don't apply to QuickBooks Online accounts not connected to QuickBooks Commerce.
Know your restrictions
These restrictions apply to all QuickBooks Online accounts connected to QuickBooks Commerce:
- You can't modify in QuickBooks Online items, customers, vendors, and transactions like invoices, bills, and journal entries created and synced from QuickBooks Commerce.
- You can't use in the following QuickBooks Online transactions items, customers, and vendors created and synced from QuickBooks Commerce.
- Sales receipts
- Purchase orders
- Delayed charges
- Delayed credit
- Make your changes in QuickBooks Commerce.
Learn more about sync details on QuickBooks Online transactions.
Know the purpose of these restrictions
- Data from QuickBooks Commerce only syncs one way to QuickBooks Online. This helps keep your data accurate and consistent across all systems.
- Due to business logic restrictions, you shouldn't modify in QuickBooks Online, data synced from QuickBooks Commerce. Data is usually from external sales channels like e-commerce websites and marketplaces.
- Intuit wants you to use QuickBooks Commerce to run your day-to-day operations and feel confident that your data is synced to QuickBooks Online.