Hello again, everyone. Thanks for joining us here in the Business Discussion space. Today I'd like to share some key points from an article published by theladders.com about qualities to possess to win at running a business and ultimately life. Here's what they had to say:
Never stop practicing what got you where you are
Do you remember what your first salefelt like? Or maybe it was the feeling of reaching a big goal you had been working so hard towards. Don't lose that feeling! Strive to repeat the sale or accomplish that goal over and over. "Your first win was your first win for a reason."
2. Avoid thinking you've got it all figured out By now, you probably know I'm a fan of old sayings. Here's one for you, "You learn something new everyday." And that's the truth. As a business owner and just living life in general, you should never be satisfied with the knowledge you currently have. One should continually be moving forward and learning new things every day. There's always room for growth.
3. Plan your day Having a plan and purpose for each day is one sure way to make the most of it. Being intentional and structured allows you the ability to design your own direction.
4. Own your mistakes We're all human here, so mistakes are inevitable. If you can't own your mistakes, you'll never be able to grow from them.
5. Mind your circle The company you keep can have a major impact on your success. Surrounding yourself with a circle of peers that have the same "winning" mindset as you can help you along your path to success.
6. Success is long-term True success can't be measured in a couple days. While short-term goals can be reached in a week or a month, big wins may take a bit longer. Remember to be consistent and patient, as nothing happens over night.
What are you currently doing to win at life? What practice would you add to the list to help others accomplish a big win? I can't wait to hear your thoughts!