QuickBooks Online Accountant allows you to map your client’s accounts, send the data over to ProConnect Tax Online, and edit your tax mappings after you have finished review.
To map your client's accounts
Here's how to map your client's accounts:
- From the client list, hover your mouse over the tax column for the client you are working on.
- Select Start Review if you are just starting or select Continue review if you have already started.
- Select Tax Mappings.
- If you have not previously selected a tax form for this company, you will be asked to select a tax form. Select the pencil and then select the desired form.
- Select Save.
- The top section shows the accounts that are not mapped. Select Assign tax line for each row and select the desired tax line.
- The second section shows each tax line and the accounts mapped to them. Select Edit tax line to change them as necessary.
To export to ProConnect Tax Online (ITO)
Here's how to export to ProConnect Tax Online (ITO):
- Select Finish review.
- Select Export tax mappings.
- Select Post to Intuit Tax Online.
- A new tab opens and you can see a status box. As soon as your data is transferred into ITO, you will be able to select Continue. (Use Getting Started with ProConnect Tax Online for further steps in using ProConnect Tax Online.)
To edit your tax mappings after you have finished review
You can edit your tax mappings any time, even after you have already completed your review and frozen your workspace.
- Select Finish Review to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Review Again.
- You can now select Assign tax line and Edit tax line to make changes.
- When finished, select Finish Review, then Freeze work space.
Now you know how to map accounts for tax forms in QuickBooks Online Accountant and do other, related tasks.