Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

1099 misc correction

Dear Team,


Can you please suggest how can i get corrections in 1099 - MISC form, I have put wrong Tax ID and address of contractor.

1 Comment 1
QuickBooks Team

1099 misc correction

Hi knowcross,


If you haven't filed the 1099-MISC form, you can still edit the contractor's information by following these steps:

  1. On the left panel, click Expenses.
  2. Click the Vendors tab, and click the Prepare 1099s button located in upper right-hand side of the page.
  3. Click Continue your 1099s.
  4. Go to the Contractor page, and find the contractor you want to edit.
  5. Click the Edit link under the Action column.
  6. Edit the Tax ID and address, then click Save.

Otherwise, check this article for more information: Can I Make Corrections To My 1099 After I E-File?.


You can also contact contact our QuickBooks Online 1099 Support for further assistance. 


Here's a link how to get their contact information: QuickBooks Online 1099 Support.


Please let me know if there's anything else you need help with QuickBooks. Thanks.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us
Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up