Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Correct previous years in sales tax center

3 Comments 3
Kristine Mae

Correct previous years in sales tax center

Good day, Gerreswelding.


I'll help you make an adjustment. Here's how:

  1. Click Taxes.
  2. Choose Sales Tax.
  3. Click Record Tax Payment.
  4. Fill in the necessary fields, then put a check mark in the Make Adjustment box.
  5. Enter the amount, the reason, then choose the account.
  6. Click Record Tax Payment

As always, I suggest consulting your accountant since this might affect the reconciled months.


Don't hesitate to ask more questions by leaving a comment below. 

Level 1

Correct previous years in sales tax center

Hello - I posted an adjustment in Sales Tax Center however it now shows as a credit entry on the vendor's account which is of course inaccurate.

QuickBooks Team

Correct previous years in sales tax center

Thank you for joining the thread, @genaturally.


Let’s edit your journal entry to correct the adjustment.


You’ll need to change the account under Credit into Other Current Liabilities. This way, the adjustment you’ve made will be accurate.


Here’s how:


  1. Find the journal entry you've created.
  2. On the first row under Account column, choose the Other Current Liabilities and enter the amount under the Credits column.
  3. On the second row, choose the Expenses account and enter the amount under the Debits column. Then, choose the vendor’s name on the far right under the Name column.
  4. Click Save and close.

Once done, you can check the Sales Tax Center if the adjustment is already accurate.


If you have any other concerns, feel free to leave a comment below.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us
Sign in for the best experience
Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.
Sign In / Sign Up