Delete an entry under "Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities"
QuickBooks Desktop Pro Plus 2021 > QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll > Employee Center Payroll Center > File Forms tab
1. Quarterly form to create "Report to Complete PA UC-2 Employer's Return for Unemployment Compensation" brings up a practice form which instructs to remotely log in to Pennsylvania Unemployment Center, fill out the online form, and pay the liability there via ACH or by writing and mailing a check.
2. The payroll that I ran during this quarter withheld too much for employers contribution. That too-high amount appears under the "Pay Liabilities" tab in the "Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities" section.
3. I logged in to the Pennsylvania Unemployment Center, filled out the online form, and paid the liability there via ACH. And of course printed the receipt to PDH.
4. I opened the entry under "Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities", and edited the "check" form, and corrected the amount paid to match the receipt. I also unchecked "To be printed", and set the check number to ACH. I edited the Memo fields to reflect the receipt filename I printed from the website.
5. The ACH transaction for the correct amount was recorded in the check register correctly.
So all should be well, except...
The too-high liability is still there as an entry under "Pay Taxes & Other Liabilities".
I have tried many approaches to delete this entry. Please help!