Thanks for coming to the Community for help. I’m here to walk you through the steps in adding sales tax for different areas in Washington State.
If your account uses the Automated Sales Tax, the option to add different tax rates is unavailable. QuickBooks will automatically calculate it for you based on the address provided on your customers’ profile.
On the other hand, Manual sales tax will allow you in making these changes in the Sales Tax Center. Here’s how:
1. Go to Taxes from the menu.
2. Choose Sales Tax.
3. Under the Related Tasks section, select Add/edit tax rates and agencies.
4. In the Sales Tax Rates and Agencies table, click New.
5. Select Combined tax rate and enter the different agencies with their corresponding rates.
6. To add more agencies, click Add Another Component.
7. Once done, hit Save.