Here is my question again. I couldn't post it earlier.
Under Payroll Liabilities, QuickBooks shows that we owe an incorrect amount (B) to the state unemployment office. I have paid the correct amount (A) to the state office. Now QuickBooks shows that we still owe money (B-A) to the state unemployment office. How can I correct this problem in QuickBooks?
I can help you remove those overdue payroll liabilities, @ABC1236.
Since the tax liability was already paid and still shows as overdue, you can enter historical tax payments to mark them as paid. Then, make sure to select the Do not affect accounts option. This way, they won't affect your balances or show up in the bank register.
1. Click the Help menu at the top, and then select About QuickBooks.
2. On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Y to open the Setup YTD Amounts window.
3. Choose Next until you reach the Enter prior payments section.
4. Click Create Payment.
5. Enter the Payment Date and For Period Ending date accordingly.
6. In the Taxes and Liabilities field, choose the unemployment item you’ve already paid.
7. Enter the money or value difference on the Amount column (e.g. $200-$15=$185).
8. Click on the Accounts Affected button, and then select Do not affect accounts.
9. Choose OK, and then continue to the next by selecting Next Payment.
10. Click Done, and then Finish to close the window.
Also, you can update the payroll liabilities date once you receive a notification from your state agency. This way, you can prevent issues like this from moving forward.
Hope you’re doing great. I wanted to see how everything is going about the incorrect payroll liabilities you had the other day. Was it resolved? Do you need any additional help or clarification? If you do, just let me know. I’d be happy to help you at any time.
Looking forward to your reply. Have a pleasant day ahead!