Learn how to uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Sometimes, troubleshooting steps require you to have Point of Sale uninstalled. Here’s how to properly uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale from your computer.
|Note: Before you proceed, create a backup of your Point of Sale data, save any files you have open, and exit all programs.|
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R to open the Run command. Then enter Control Panel and select OK.
- Select the View by dropdown and select Small icons. Then select Programs and Features.
- Right-click QuickBooks Point of Sale XX and select Uninstall.
Note: XX represents the version of your QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- If a User Account Control window displays, select Continue and follow through the program removal.
- Once complete, rename the following folders:
- QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder. The default location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder.
- QBPOSDBSrvUser folder located in C:\Users.
- Remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows login:
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Select User Accounts.
- Select Manage another account and select Continue on the User Account Control window.
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and select Delete the account.
- Confirm the deletion and then close all open windows.
- Restart your computer.