Frequently asked questions
When will the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 exam be retired?
The QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Certification exam, self-paced training modules and supplemental guides will no longer be available within the ProAdvisor® Center after 12 PM Pacific Time, October 30, 2017.
Certification training modules and exams provide some of the biggest benefits of your ProAdvisor membership. If you had been planning to start or already in progress and planned to finish the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Certification, please allow yourself plenty of time to pass the certification before the deadline – 12 PM, Pacific Time, October 30, 2017.
What if I am already Certified in both QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and 2015?
Once you have two consecutive years of QuickBooks Desktop certification, you are eligible to take the recertification exam. So, for those of you who are already certified in QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and 2015, we would highly recommend you to take the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Recertification (Update) exam, which takes less than half the time of the regular certification exam.
To access this QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Recertification exam:
- Log into your ProAdvisor Center and select the Certification tab. QuickBooks Desktop 2016 appears in the list.
- Select the Get Recertified button.
Are you unsure where to log in? Read our Help Hub article, Access your certification courses.
Did you know?
- The Recertification exam will adhere to the same deadline and no longer be available after 12 PM, Pacific Time, October 30, 2017.
- If you are not certified in both QuickBooks Desktop 2014 and 2015, then you can still take the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 exam, but the button will read Take Exam, instead of Get Recertified.
What if I plan to get QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified?
If you are planning to get QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certified and progress to the Diamond level, please remember: To access the QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification exam and training materials, you must first pass the three most recent versions of the QuickBooks Desktop Certification exams (i.e. 2015, 2016, and 2017).
- If you have already completed QuickBooks Desktop 2015 certification: You can complete QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop 2017 certifications to be eligible to take QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification.
- If you did not complete QuickBooks Desktop 2015 certification: You can complete QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop 2017 certifications now, and complete the next version of the QuickBooks Desktop certification, if and when it is made available within the ProAdvisor Center, to become eligible to take QuickBooks Desktop Advanced Certification.