Learn how to update existing products in bulk using a CSV file in QuickBooks Commerce.
In QuickBooks Commerce, you can update your product information in bulk by uploading a spreadsheet or CSV file, giving you extra time to focus on growing your business. Here’s how.
Step 1: Download your product sheet
- In QuickBooks Commerce, go to Inventory, then select Products.
- From the Bulk Manage ▼ dropdown menu, select Update Existing Products.
- To edit your product list, select No, I need to download a list of my products.
- On the attribute selection window, select the attributes to add in your CSV file. Here’s a list of each attribute’s description.
- Select the box if you want to update price lists for your products at the same time.
- Select Price List and Sales Channel options if you need this info.
- Select Build Product Sheet, then select Download Product Sheet. Note: To select other attributes or start over, select Re-build Product Sheet.
Important: If you use non-English or special characters within your CSV files, encode CSV files using the UTF-8 format to prevent errors when uploading.
Step 2: Upload the product sheet
After editing the data in the CSV file, you can now upload the product sheet.
- To upload your product sheet:
- Select Upload filled CSV that's displayed after downloading the file in the previous step.
- Alternatively, you can start the process again and select Yes I have a spreadsheet with updated product data ready to upload option.
- Select Choose File, then select your file or drag the file into the green box.
- Select Upload.
- Review and confirm the changes.
Note: To resolve errors when uploading the spreadsheet, check out Bulk Import/Update Errors & Troubleshooting.
|How to add new variants to a product|
If you want to add new variants to a product, add a new row and copy the product ID but leave the variant ID blank.
Now, add 2 columns; Initial Cost Price and Initial Stock Level.
These columns are important because we set your MAC for the new variant based on these columns. If you leave them blank, then the MAC will be set to 0. Having your MAC set to 0 is a problem when you start receiving orders because you will not be able to calculate your profits. There is no associated costs with the variant.