When you activate Direct Deposit, you are prompted to enter 2 debit amounts. These are the 2 small test debits from your bank account used to verify your bank account information before Direct Deposit is activated.
Within two banking days from the Direct Deposit activation process, you will see two small amounts debited from your bank account by QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. To complete the activation process and start using the service, you must enter those two amounts into QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you know the debit amounts, enter them when prompted.
- If you do not know your debit amounts, check your bank statement for two small debits under the company name Intuit.
- If you started the Direct Deposit signup process previously and did not complete it, Contact Us.
To enter the test debits if you are not prompted:
- Select Employees, then My Payroll Service then Activate Direct Deposit.
- Select Enter Test Debits.
If you do not see the option to enter test debits, follow these steps:
- Go to Employees, then My Payroll Service then Activate Direct Deposit.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
- Go to Payroll Info section, under Direct Deposit Bank Account select Verify.
- Enter the amounts and confirm your payroll PIN.
- Click Submit.
Errors when entering direct deposit test debits
When entering the test debit amounts for Direct Deposit activation, you may encounter any of the errors:
- Error 23044 or 34001 - This is caused by entering the wrong debit amounts. Try reentering the correct debit amounts.
- Error 22044 - This is caused by too many attempts in entering the debits amounts. Contact us to resolve this problem.