Learn how to set up a Lane-5000 PIN Pad for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0.
Before you install your Lane-5000 PIN Pad, make sure you’ve installed the driver needed to set it up. Once that’s installed, you can set up your PIN Pad and Point of Sale. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1: Connect your PIN Pad
- Plug the PIN Pad power supply into the back of the PIN Pad and the other end into a power source.
- Turn on the PIN Pad, then take the PIN Pad USB cable and plug it into the USB port of your computer.
Step 2: Run the setup wizard in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
- From Point of Sale, select File then select Hardware Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect and setup the PIN Pad. Make sure you don’t connect anything unless you’re instructed to.
- From the Select the model dropdown, choose Ingenico Tetra Lane 5000 Series PIN Pad (USB).
- Select Next.
Step 3: Test the connection between the PIN Pad and QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 19.0
- From Point of Sale, select Begin Test. When your Point of Sale and PIN Pad are connected, the PIN Pad will power on and you’ll see a QuickBooks logo on the screen.
- Point of Sale will prompt you to either insert, swipe, or tap your card for a test transaction.
- Run a sale in Point of Sale for $1, then make sure you see it on the PIN Pad.
- Enter your card into the PIN Pad, then select Yes to run the transaction.
- Once you see Approved on the PIN Pad screen, it means you're connected and ready to process transactions.