Learn how to manage your Workers Comp Payment Service in QuickBooks Desktop.
Workers Comp Payment Service helps you send your workers' payroll data to their insurance provider. It's available in all supported versions of QuickBooks Desktop Payroll except for the following states:
- North Dakota
Sign up for Workers' Comp Payment Service
- From QuickBooks Desktop homepage, select HR Essentials and Insurance.
- Select Workers' Comp Payment Service from the ▼dropdown menu.
- Fill out the form, then select Get Quote.
Set up workers' comp payments
After you sign up, proceed with payroll setup and do your workers' comp payments. To set it up, follow these simple steps .
|Note: Make sure you have the latest payroll update.|
Create/confirm your PIN
- Go to File menu and select Print Forms.
- Select Pay Stubs.
- Select the paycheck date(s) you want to send from Checks Dated, then select Send Online.Note: You can also upload prior paycheck info and send it by batch.
- Select Send/Send All in Send/Receive window.
- Create a PIN/Confirm Pin. You can use your assisted payroll or direct deposit pin if you already have one.Note: PIN must be between 8 to 12 characters including at least one letter and one number with no special characters.
- Select Save Changes.
- Select Send All to send the payroll info.
- Wait for the message that your Payroll transmission has succeeded and review items received in your confirmation report.
Check if Workers Compensation is already active in QuickBooks
- Go to Employees menu.
- Select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
- Under Workers' Comp Payment Services, you'll see "You are subscribed to Workers' Comp payment service" status.
Set up your employees and their Work States
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Select Employees & Payroll, then Employee Withholding.
- Check if all employees subject to workers' comp are listed on your report.
- Select Customize Report.
- Under Display, select the following:
- State Lived
- State Worked
Note: Edit your employees' info if necessary until the report is accurate. Don’t leave any info blank, it affects how your workers' comp gets calculated.
Edit your employee's info
- Go to Employees menu, and select Employee Center.
- Double-click the employee you want to edit on the Employees tab.
- Review the employee’s info, update them when necessary.
- Uncheck the Employee is inactive checkbox if it’s selected. Otherwise, the employee won’t show in the Employee Withholding report.
- Select Payroll Info tab.
- Select Taxes, then select State tab.
- Make the necessary edits:
- Select the state where the employee lives in the State ▼dropdown under STATE SUBJECT TO WITHHOLDING section.
- Select the state where the employee works in the State ▼dropdown under STATE WORKED section.
- Select the SUI (Company Paid) checkbox.
- Select OK to close the Taxes window, then select OK in the Edit Employee window.
Make the necessary edits for all the employees. Run Employee Withholding report, and review the data you updated.
Set up workers' comp payroll items
Your workers' comp premium is calculated based on these QuickBooks Desktop payroll items:
- Wages or Earnings
- Double Overtime
To make sure all these items are set up:
- Go to Lists menu.
- Select Payroll Item List.
- Review these Wage/Earnings items:
- Tax Tracking (Wages or Compensation)
- Deductions that reduce wages subject to WCI (these vary from state to state)
Delete the old (incorrect) payroll item if you create a new one.
|Note: When you change payroll items that affect workers' comp, they'll be sent next time you run payroll. Any previous payroll runs won't be corrected. To make corrections, contact Workers' Compensation Team at 888-859-3914, 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST, Monday through Friday.|
Send your workers' comp payroll data to Intuit
- Create your employee's paychecks.
- Send your payroll data to us.
If you use Assisted Payroll or direct deposit, stop here. Your data gets sent automatically, so you don't have to do anything. If you use DIY payroll without direct deposit, proceed with the steps below:
- Select Send Data to Intuit when prompted.If you accidentally closed the Send Data window, select Employees, select Send Payroll Data, then go back to Step 2.
- Select Send in the Send/Receive Data window.
- Enter your PIN and select OK. Wait for the message that your Payroll transmission has succeeded.
- Review items received in your Confirmation report.
If you see Error in your Confirmation Report, select View and follow the instructions provided in that window.