Learn how to connect your bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online.
When you connect your online bank in QuickBooks, the transactions automatically download and categorise. This helps you to save time in updating your bank feeds. All you have to do is to review and approve them.
Got a question relating to your data protection? Check out our Intuit Global Privacy Statement.
Step 1: Connect a bank or credit card account
Connect your bank or credit card account so you don’t have to manually enter your transactions. You can also connect multiple businesses and personal bank accounts to keep your business information up to date in QuickBooks.
- Go to select Transactions, then select Bank transactions (Take me there).
- If this is the first bank account you’ve set up, select Connect account. Or select Link account if you already created one.
- Search for your bank. You can connect most banks, even small credit unions. Note: If you can’t find your bank but still want to add your transactions to QuickBooks Online, you can also manually upload bank transactions.
- Sign into your bank by entering your banking username and password. Then select Continue.
- Follow the on-screen steps to connect. Your bank may require additional security checks. It may take a few minutes to connect.
- Select any accounts you want to connect like, your savings, checking, or credit card. Then choose the matching account type from your chart of accounts in QuickBooks.
- Select how far back you want to download transactions. Some banks let you download the last 90 days of transactions. Others can go back as far as 24 months.
- Select Connect.
Note: If you see errors or are having trouble downloading transactions, learn what you can do to resolve download issues and banking errors.
Step 2: Download recent transactions
Refresh your bank feed to automatically download your recent bank transactions.
- Go to Transactions, then select Bank transactions (Take me there).
- Select Update.
Step 3: Categorise downloaded transactions
Review and categorise the downloaded bank transactions to make sure that it is categorised right. This helps you to organise your charts of accounts accurately.