Learn how to switch between companies in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Do you need to access the company of different clients? We got you covered. Easily switch between companies with just a few clicks. Here’s how.
Switch from the Dashboard page
You can access different companies from the main menu or a client’s company. Here’s how.
- Select the GO TO QUICKBOOKS dropdown.
- Select the company file you want to access.
Note: If you don’t see the client’s company, make sure you add them to your firm. Or you have permission to access clients.
- When you’re ready to switch companies, select the dropdown beside the client’s company name.
- Select Back to practice to return to your firm or the name of a client’s company to switch.
Switch from the Client list
From the client list, you can switch from one company to another:
- Select Clients from the left menu.
- Select the QB logo next to the company name to switch to the company's Dashboard page.
Note: When you hover your cursor over the logo, you can view information about the client's subscription and the last login.
- Select the QB Accountant logo on the Toolbar to return to the firm's Client list.
The Overview page for the company you switched to opens.