You can assign a preferred supplier to specific stock items to save time when reordering those items and also create a purchase order using the preferred supplier you assigned.
|Note: Supplier specific stock items are only available in QuickBooks Online Plus.|
To add a preferred supplier
You won’t be able to assign preferred suppliers if you have not yet entered them in QuickBooks Online. Here are the steps to do that:
- Select Settings ⚙ on the toolbar, then select Products and services.
- In the Products and Services screen, select New then choose the appropriate product type.
- Enter all necessary information. In the Preferred Supplier dropdown, choose the name of the supplier you usually purchase items from.
- Select Save and close.
To create a purchase order using your preferred supplier
Here's how to create a purchase order using your preferred supplier:
- Go to Get paid & pay and select Products and services (Take me there).
- Select the item you want to reorder.
- In the Action column, select the Edit dropdown and choose Reorder.
- A Purchase Order window pops up which contains your supplier and item information.
- Select Save and send.
|Note: Batch action reordering is currently not supported. Add the supplier manually to the Purchase Order in cases where you have used batch action.|