Learn how to get the most out of your financial reports.
Financial reports in QuickBooks give you tons of great info about your business. There are many ways to customise your reports. Filter them to show specific accounts or customers, or format the layout so the right data shows up in the right place.
Here's how to customise reports and focus on the details that matter the most to you.
|Some of your reports will look different depending on whether they're in the classic view or new enhanced experience.
Step 1: Run a report
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Find and select a report to open.
Tip: To find a specific report, simply enter keywords in the search bar labelled "Find report by name".
Step 2: Customise a report
Once you’ve opened a report, you can begin to customise your report using the Customise feature. Most reports you use will have a standard set of filters to choose from.
Here's an overview of what you can customise:
- General section: Change things like the accounting method, reporting period, and number format.
- Rows/Columns section: Choose which rows and columns appear on the report.
- Filter section: Select information such as customers/suppliers, accounts, and products appear on the report.
- Header/Footer section: Decide what appears in the header and footer.
Once you’ve finished customising, select Run report.
Step 3: Save customisation
Once you’ve set up the perfect set of filters, you can save them for future use. This means you can easily run the same report again without having to re-apply the filters each time.
To do this:
- Select Save customisation.
- Give your report a name.
- Select Save.
Tip: If you want to give other file users full access to edit custom reports, select a user from the Share with dropdown menu. But, avoid sharing the same report multiple times with users who already have access to prevent duplicate reports.
You can review all your custom reports in the custom report tab.
Step 4: Manage a custom report
Show custom reports to specific groups
- After you create a custom report, select Save customisation.
- From the Add this report to a group dropdown menu, select a group.
- Select Save to add the report to the group.
Note: Group custom reports aren’t available on QuickBooks Online Simple Start.
Delete a custom report from a group
You can also delete reports from a group.
- Go to Reports (Take me there) and select the Custom reports tab.
- Find the group on the list.
- Select Edit ▼ icon from the Action column for the report you want to delete.
- Select Delete and Yes.
Step 5: Export and share custom reports
You can export a custom report in Excel or PDF format.
To do this:
- On a open report, select the Export icon
- Choose how you want to export the report
You can quickly share PDFs of reports over email. This is the easiest way to share with your team:
- On an open report, select the email icon.
- Select Email.
- Fill out the form.
- Edit the body message so recipients know what to expect.
- When you're ready, select Send.
The reports can be shared in excel format.
|To send a report to multiple email recipients, separate the email addresses using a comma and space. (Example: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).