Business owner often gives out a lot of freebies or free samples to attract customers. This can be tracked in QuickBooks Online using Stock Qty Adjustment feature. Here are some easy steps to record stock given to customers as free samples:
- Go to Sales and select Products & services (Take me there).
- Select an existing stock (or create a new stock).
- Select + New.
- Select Stock Qty Adjustment.
- Under the Stock adjustment account dropdown arrow, select then stock adjustment account.
- Under the Product column, enter quantity on hand (Note that QuickBooks Online will auto-calculate the change in quantity).
- Select Save.
- You can see the change in quantity on Product and Services tab.