If you receive an advance payment from a customer, you can easily record this in Quickbooks Online using Receive Payment feature. The followings are some easy steps to follow:
- First, make sure you have the customer listed on Quickbooks Online. If you have already listed the customer on Quickbooks Online, then you can skip this step and continue to step 3. If not, select Sales, then Customers.
- Create a new customer by filling out all the information, then Save.
- Select the Plus icon (+), then Receive Payment.
- Create a receive payment by select a customer using the drop-down arrow.
- Under the Account column, select the invoice, then enter the amount of payment received
- Select Save and New