Learn how to downgrade your client’s QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus subscription.
Do you need to downgrade your QuickBooks Online Essentials or Plus subscription? We show you how and list potential issues with downgrading.
Before you downgrade
Before you downgrade your client’s subscription, consider the following:
- Multi-currency — If multi-currency is enabled on their company file, you won't be able to downgrade.
- Discount — You will lose all current discounts you have after downgrading your subscription.
Downgrade your client’s subscription
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Accountant company file.
- Go to Settings ⚙️.
- Select Your Account, then select Select Your Subscriptions.
- Find the client you want to change and under Select Action, select the desired downgrade action. (Note: If you don't see Downgrade as an option, that file cannot be downgraded.)
Potential downgrade issues
From Plus to Essentials
- Please see Downgrading your subscription for details.