Sharing report templates between QuickBooks Online client companies can be done in a few simple steps.
Things you should know before you share a report template between client companies within QuickBooks Online
If the report contains company specific filters (such as account names, customer names, etc), the company receiving the template must have the exact same naming convention or the report will fail.
How to share a report template
Here's how to share a report template:
- Open the report, from within the client company in which it resides.
- Copy the web address (URL) from your web browser. (Note: Memorised reports display a URL that cannot be copied.)To remove the memorised URL:
- Select Customise.
- Select Run Report. (Note: The URL will now display the full string of custom settings, that can now be copied.)
- Exit the QuickBooks Online company.
- Log into the company with which you wish to share the report.
- Paste the copied address into the address bar of the browser. (Note: This will display the report, but with the current company's information.)
- Select Save Customisation. (Note: After saving the report, it can now be re-accessed within the new company.)
You now know how to share report templates between QuickBooks Online client companies.