QuickBooks Team
This widget could not be displayed.

Re: The memo field column does not display correct information

Hi there, @CuriousCookie.

I'm here to help guide you on how to pull up the report you need in the QuickBooks Desktop. 

You can pull up the Transaction List by Customer report to show all the sales transactions you've made including the Memo files details. Let me walk you through the steps:

1. At the top menu bar, click Reports.
  2. Go to Customers & Receivables.
  3. Select Transaction List by Customer

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to customize report in QuickBooks Desktop

Also, I've checked our investigation list and we haven't received any similar reports about the Memo details will display on the Product Description field. In this case, you'll need to rebuild and verify the data in QuickBooks Desktop to remove the empty or damaged information from the file. 

Here's how to rebuild the data: 

1. At the top menu bar, click File.
  2. Select Utilities, and choose Rebuild Data.
  3. Click OK if you receive a prompt to backup your company file. Your computer may display the message QuickBooks is not responding. However, as long as you can see your mouse cursor to move, Rebuild is still ongoing. Wait for it to complete.
  4. Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has completed and process the next troubleshooting steps.

To verify the data in QuickBooks, you can follow the detailed steps in this article: Resolve data damage on your company file

If you need further assistance with the steps, I recommend to contact our QuickBooks Dekstop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

This should get you on the right track. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions about the Transaction List by Customer just click the Add Comment below. I'm always here to help you out.