It's nice to have you here in our forum, @Glang,
I can share some workarounds to help you manage your lists in QuickBooks Online.
There are a few ways to correct duplicate names in QuickBooks Online. Here are some options you can try:
Merge names under the same account:
- Select Sales on the left navigation menu and choose Customers.
- Choose the customer that you don't want to use and select Edit.
- Modify the Title, First name, Middle name, Last name, and Suffix so that it's identical to the customer that you're merging with. Also, ensure that the Display Name is the same as well.
- Select Save and choose Yes that you want to merge the two.
- Go to the Expenses menu.
- Tap the Vendors tab.
- Click the vendor's name then hit Edit.
- Enter the same vendor name you want to retain.
Please know that this process cannot be reversed and is permanent. For additional insight about this process, such as how data is retained, please see the following article: How to Merge Accounts, Customers, and Vendors.
Inactive a vendor or customer:
- Click on the Sales or Expenses from the navigation panel.
- Mark the box beside the client or contractor's name.
- Press the Batch actions drop-down and select Make inactive.
- Hit Yes to confirm the action
I've included some articles to guide you with the steps:
As always, I'm just a quick post away if I can be of additional assistance. Have a wonderful day!